"CHADAR" refers to the blanket or sheet because the Zanskar river transforms itself from a fast river into a white blanket of ice all through winter. The altitude is 11,400 feet above mean sea level along the beautiful Zanskar River which remains totally frozen in the course of December to February. The trek starts to evolve from the freezing factor of the Zanskar River which is chilling. This trek is over a frozen river within the Zanskar region of Ladakh and it's very specific from all different treks within the Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Leh
- Meals in Trek
- Transport to and from the Base Camp
- Camping Charges
- Trekking Gears
- Safety Equipment
- Specialist Trek Leader/Team
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food / Meal / Beverages in Leh
- Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premiums
- The proposed Wildlife Fees, Environmental Fees and other fees as being put forward by LAHDC and ALTOA or any other organization
- Anything separated from considerations
- Unique experience of trekking on the frozen Zanskar River.
- Amazing scenery, wild gorges and frozen waterfalls.
- It is an adventure-seeker's paradise.
- Countryside trekking hospitality at its best.
Day 1 : Fly to Leh.
Day 2 : Acclimatization in Leh (Rest/ Mild walk)
Day 3 : In Leh (Get Medical, Insurance, Wildlife Permit and ALTOA NOC).
Day 4 : Drive to Shingra Koma.
Day 5 : Shingra Koma to Tibb Cave.
Day 6 : Tibb cave to Naerak camp.
Day 7 : Naerak to Tibb Cave.
Day 8 : Tibb Cave to Shingra Koma and drive back to Leh.
Day 9 : Return from Leh.
- Keep your woollen cap and gloves handy before you land at Leh airport
- Bring 2 copies of your ID proof and 4 photographs
- Carry hot water bags which can be used to keep yourself warmer inside the sleeping bag. Hot water would be provided by us during the trekking days.
- The cellular network is available only on the post-paid number
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited
- We strongly suggest that you should carry your own backpack and the weight of the backpack should not be more than 8-10 Kg maximum.
- All trekkers going for Chadar Trek must spend at least three nights in Leh or acclimatisation.
- For Trekkers who will not undergo three days of rest in Leh, any permissions and permits for the Chadar trek will not be issued to them.
- Trekkers will have to keep the boarding pass to prove their date of arrival in Leh before beginning the Chadar trek and whether they have spent the required three days time within Leh.
- The boarding pass will be verified at the time of Pre Medical Check-up in Leh, so please make sure you keep them safe with you
- On Day 3, Trekkers must undergo a compulsory medical check-up in Leh which will provide clearance for undertaking the Chadar trek. Trekkers who are found medically unfit will not be allowed to go the trek.
- Once the Trekkers clear this medical test, they will have to apply and get adventure travel insurance for the Chadar trek from authorised insurance providers.
- After getting the approval for the medical test and buying the adventure travel insurance, trekkers need to apply for a permit for the Chadar trek from the Wildlife Department in Leh.
- Finally, Trekkers have to get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from ALTOA (All Ladakh Tour Operator Association) to go for Chadar Trek.
- We would be there to guide you in person for each of these tests, permits and necessary permissions.
- Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change.
- Adventuregiri reserves the right to change expedition dates or itineraries as conditions warrant.
Risk and Liability
We will endeavour to make your program smooth and as pleasant as possible. However, the entire course of trekking depends on the ranges of the mighty mountains, physical health, and environmental conditions. Therefore, Adventuregiri shall not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstances and natural disasters such as landslides, road blockage, flood, snowing, cancellation of flights and delay, or any type of sickness including altitude sickness.
- No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trek, 50% of the trek cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trek, 75% of the trek cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trek, 100% of the trek cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.